Friday, June 02, 2006

3 plugs and a post

Sometimes you meet people and you just think to yourself, "What the fuck?" Other times you meet people and you think "Wow. We need more people like [him/her] in the world." Mark is one of the latter. He tells it how he sees it. Go read it.

Why is it that if I said that I wanted to meet She-Hulk in real life, people would look at me funny? She's beautiful, funny, and insightful. I'm just saying what everyone must think when they stumble across her site; everyone wants to meet her. Go read her blog.

My apologies, Aydreeyin, both for the turtles and because I thought that you had stopped working on Graceless. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, GO READ IT. It's a story in progress that you don't want to miss. It's the top link on my side bar for good reason.

*Note: I am pretty sure that all three of you already read or know about those blogs, but in the unlikely event that someone stumbles across this site who hasn't been there, I think they deserve some recognition.

So, you may be wondering to yourself, what is it like to leave a warzone where you're under mortar fire every day, and come home to a beautiful woman who loves you where everything is safe and secure and ideal?

I don't know. That's not what wound up happening.

Instead I came home to someone that didn't want a relationship with me, but failed to tell me that until a few months AFTER I gave up my life and career to be with her.

She changed somewhere between the time she arrived at grad school and the time I got back from Iraq. Suddenly, it wasn't okay that I don't have a degree yet. It wasn't okay that I wasn't perfect, really. She wanted a trophy to flaunt to her rich, grad school friends.

I just wanted to be with her. So she ripped my heart out and stomped on it and chewed it up and so forth and so on until I realized that I had found another constant in life. India is pain.

I'll take the mortars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.